Money Saving Wedding Tips
Here’s everything you could possibly want to know about the Vanessa Herring wedding! We tied the knot in October 2018.
Brenton and I planned our wedding on our own. I share some tips on how we saved some coins on our destination wedding in this video!
Here are some of my top money-saving tips!
- Choose a venue that pleases the eye without a ton of decor. If you choose a bare room you’re going to spend extra money putting it together! Our venue had a beautiful courtyard with a fountain and a reception room with a vintage vibe.
- Find a reception venue with lots of stuff included! Our venue came with the linens, chairs, silverware, a bridal attendant, and had in house catering.
- Consider using candles instead of flowers as your decor. Flowers are EXPENSIVE. We saved a ton of money by going with candles, and the space looked really romantic.
- I saved almost $2,000 on my wedding gown by shopping online. Buying a wedding gown online can be scary. Start by going to a reputable site. I browsed Pre-Owned Wedding Dresses and Still White. The names are a bit misleading because you can find brand new dresses on these sites. I ended up buying my gown from Lace Bridal.
- Make sure you have a tailor. Bridal boutiques typically have this service built-in. So, if you choose a gown that needs a lot of attention make sure you consult a tailor before you purchase. Alterations may cost more than you think.
Best day ever!
I know it sounds cliche but our wedding day was one of the best days of my life! We have been enjoying being married. I have to give a special shout-out to my dad for our epic father-daughter dance. We went from new school to old school – and there’s a SURPRISE ENDING!
I’m sure this is much more than you’d ever want to know about the Vanessa Herring Wedding!
Are you planning a wedding?! Let’s chat about ways to stay stress-free and save some coins in the comments!